Advanced Telescoping Technology enables consumers to view a traditional television commercial and then click their remote to take them directly into rich on-demand content to learn more about top rated businesses and professionals. Television viewers can now relax in front of their TV and meet Top Rated businesses and professionals on a large screen.
Telescoping is an interactive prompt or “overlay” on a TV commercial directly linking viewers to video on demand (VOD) content by pressing a button on their remote controls. Engaged, proactive customers can quickly and easily view long-form video and learn more information about a featured product or service. It offers advertisers a new, compelling way to tell their brand story beyond the thirty-second spot.
• A small, interactive “overlay” appears at the bottom of a commercial, allowing for easy access’ to VOD content. This can be used to link viewers to an on-demand channel or directly to a specific video.
Three types of interactive overlays are available:
1. View Now: one interactive button that begins playing a VOD program immediately upon selection.
2. View Now or View Later: two interactive buttons appear, one launching the VOD program immediately (“View Now”) and one saving the program to a viewer’s list of programs to watch at their convenience (“View Later”).
3. View On Demand: one interactive button tunes viewers directly to a channel number, which then displays a list, or “folder”of one of more VOD programs.
• Seamlessly links qualified, engaged customers to advertisers’ brands by allowing viewers to choose to view additional content.
• Extends the power and reach of a thirty-second commercial and makes content available “24x7.”
• Maximizes return on investment by reaching multiple audiences with one advertising buy.
• Reaches millions of prospective customers nationwide, and can be used for local, regional or national advertising campaigns.
• Interactive overlays prompt viewers to take specific action.
• Commercials with interactive overlays are more effective than non-interactive spots.
• Consumer commercials are 29% more likely to purchase or seek information about a brand following exposure to an interactive offer.*
* Source: IAB Platform Status Report on
Interactive Television Advertising, 2012.